We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Thursday, August 05, 2021

Throwback Thursday: Countdown to Mabon/Autmun Equinox


Around the Corner: Countdown to Mabon!


Getting so excited! My favorite season of fall is just around the corner. My hubby and I wed in a legal Handfasting on Mabon/Autumn Equinox of 2001. Believe it or not, it really wasn't planned that way. We both wished to get married in September and the only Saturday my dear friend and Wiccan High Priestess could officiate for us happened to be on Mabon of that year. I am convinced that it was definately meant to be!

I'd like to share with you all a poem I had written this past Spring for a blogger friend of mine who lives in the Southern Hemisphere and therefore celebrates Mabon while we Wiccans and Pagans alike living in the Northern parts are celebrating Imbolg and Ostara. I hope you enjoy it!


Painted Leaves
 
Colored bed beneath my feet,
The crisp, fresh air grows cool;
Painted leaves adorn the Earth,
All under Modron's rule

Aging Goddess; powerful, wise
Autumn's picture, Nature's guise
Celebration of beauty,
 the wheel turns on;
With painted leaves ~
'tis Blessed Mabon! 

~ Lady Caer Morganna
 

2 comments:

  1. Autumn has always been my favorite time of year. A perfect, mystical, peaceful time of exquisite sentiment. Your poem is a beautiful tribute to this glorious season. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your poem, and I like the image you used too.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete