We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Sunday, March 20, 2022

A Trip to New Hope

Today marked the first day of spring. The weather was cool, windy, and in the 50's, cloudy and overcast, but did not rain. So on my only day off, my husband and I decided to "get away" for a day. We drove to New Hope, PA.

We always have lunch at Fran's Pub before walking along the main street. Their homemade pizza is awesome!

The below pics are of what was once a church turned into a fine dining restaurant & bar that keeps changing owners. We have enjoyed visiting the Villages in New Hope since we began dating back in 1994. It is so sad to see exactly how much it has changed. So many stores are now  GONE! Among my favorite shops were "Gypsy Heaven" (closed the last two times we were in New Hope) and, unfortunately, it looks like "Mystickal Tymes" has also closed it's doors! 

And, what was once, a few years back, a really cool strip mall called "The Four Seasons" ...

 ... is now nothing but a big food market. The only thing I like there now is the delicious macaroons from "Sciascia Confections" ...

I found this cool mermaid bag at one of the stores which is thankfully still open ...

One of the reasons I wanted to go to New Hope was for the beautiful clothing stores. Since gaining so much weight from my job, I needed to find at least ONE dress that I could fit into. So I bought these pieces at "House of India" ...

On the way home, we stopped off at one of our local "Chili's Bar & Grill" for a steak dinner. All in all, a pretty good day and not a bad way to spend the first day of spring.

2 comments:

  1. After such a long snowy Winter, it looks like it was good to get out and enjoy being out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks and sounds an enjoyable 'away-day'

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete