We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Friday, May 13, 2011

Solitary Mabon Ritual

Items needed:

One tall Gold God candle
One tall Silver Goddess candle
Sage incense
cauldron
4 corner candles
Cup of water
Bowl of salt
Chalice of red wine or juice
athame and/or wand
Basket of apples
dark red, orange and brown colored decorative votive candles
________________________________

(Cast the circle and call the corners in you usual manner and then light the incense. Invoke the God and Goddess) -


INVOCATION OF THE GOD: (light the tall GOLD candle)
"I now do call upon the eternal God in the ancient way, as Lord of Day and bright, fiery Sun whose energy brings warmth and light to His consort our Earth Mother. Cone join me! Bring me Thy warmth and light as I celebrate the Autumn Equinox. Send Thy spirit forth so that I, your child, may feel your light within me -
As it is willed, so mote it be."

INVOCATION OF THE GODDESS: (light the tall SILVER candle)
"I now do call upon the eternal Goddess in the ancient way, as Earth Mother and Lady Crone who reigns as light declines. Come join me! Bring me your love and protection as I celebrate the Autumn Equinox. Send Thy spirit forth so that I, your child, may feel your life within me -
As it is willed, so mote it be."

_________________________________________

(Pick up the chalice of wine or juice and hold it upward toward the sky and say) -
"Blessed be this season of Mabon,
 Time of the Second Harvest -
 The harvest of fruit and wine,
 Blessed be the Lady!"

(Place the chalice back on the altar and now pick up your athame or wand and say) -
"Today all things are in balance,
 Both night and day and Goddess and God are equal
 as are life and death -
Blessed be the Lord!"

(Place athame back on the altar and say)-
"But tonight darkness conquers the light,
 taking us into the dark of the year,
 It is a time to reflect upon those who have passed
 and those who are yet to come."

(In honor of those who you wish to remember, you may recite the following poem) -
Mabon Lament

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond's glint on snow

I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn's rain
When you wake up in the morning's hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush

Of quiet birds in circled flight,
I am the soft star that shines at night
*I am the ocean's calming waters,
Which carries Earth Mother's sons and daughters

Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there, I did not die
*And do not stand at my grave and mourn,
I am not there, I have been reborn

*Original author unknown; however, I have added some of my own verses for the purpose of this ritual.

(Pick up an apple, symbol of the Goddess, from the basket and hold it close to your heart, reflecting on the events passed and people whom you wish to remember at this time. When you are ready, say) -
"Tonight I mourn the loss of life and light,
 But just as the apple which I hold in my hand gives both life and death,
 So do our beloved deities -
 Those who have passed shall return as surely as shall the light."

(Place the apple back into the basket to give back to the Earth later. Pick up the chalice once again and say)-
"Just as we have sorrow,
 We also have joy -
 For this is the time of the wine harvest!"

(Now, bless the chalice of wine by placing your athame inside it while saying) -
"I bless this wine of the harvest in the name of our Mother Earth and Father God."

(Take a drink from the chalice in toast of the Goddess and God. When finished, set aside a portion to give back to the Earth later)

"I am a child of deity,
 I am part of the creative life force which moves the Universe;
 I am part of all that is -
 Though we are apart, we are ever together
 For we are one in the spirit of the Goddess and God,
 Merry meet, merry part and merry meet again -
 Blessed be!"

(Close ritual thank the deities and open the circle - remembering to give back to the Earth)

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this! )o(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! I am glad I can be of some help!! :)

      Delete
    2. Yes thank you for posting this! I appreciate all the help I get in life including guidance I get with my spiritual path!! :D

      Delete
    3. You are very welcome! Happy to be of help to you!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for allowing all of us to use this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going to my first Mabon Ritual looking forward to this. Thanks for your Rite and kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your Rite and kind words! Going to my first Mabon Ritual today!

    ReplyDelete