We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

And so the plot thickens ...


You know my friends, it’s really funny how the Universe has a way of setting things right sometimes. It turns out that the “young new hire” whom had gotten picked over me for the job of which, dare I say, I was extremely qualified for is an illegal alien in this Country from Canada! Yes folks that’s right, it would appear that the Human Resources Manager  for The Teamsters who interviewed me was in so much of a hurry to hire her that he hadn’t bothered to look deep enough (if at all!) into her background. I am told by my very reliable source who works for this particular manager that The Board of Trustees now has knowledge of this fact and they are not happy about this situation to say the least! What can I say? It serves him right. J

Apparently, there is a bit of chaos going on there at present and at this point it’s anyone’s guess if they will be stupid enough to allow this girl to actually keep her job there, but the truth is now out at any rate. Not only is she not a legal U.S. citizen, but she has been caught complaining to her co-workers about how she does not like her new job after starting only two weeks ago. Imagine that? Not to gloat or anything, but it looks as though I called that one right. As I had said in my previous post regarding this matter, I work with young people all of the time and they are never happy just being in “a” job. They are always looking to advance themselves and it seems that this young 22-year old is certainly no different. Whatever made them think that she would be satisfied sitting at a switchboard all day for 8 hours 5 days a week anyhow? Honestly.

Furthermore, I can’t understand exactly what makes people think that they can simply waltz into another Country without becoming a citizen and not have any kind of obligation to follow any of that Nation’s laws? For example, when my hubby, my in-laws, and I visited Canada, the Canadian Boarder Patrol politely asked us all sorts of questions (and rightly so) before allowing us to cross over onto Canadian soil. “Where are you from? Where do you work? What do you do for a living? How long are you going to be in Canada? How are you all related?” etc, etc. We did not stay in Canada and attempt to acquire work hence becoming “illegals” in their Country. In my humble opinion, it takes a lot of nerve for anyone regardless of what Country these individuals come from to do such an unscrupulous and disrespectful thing. Most especially in lieu of the horrible economy we now face in the States. Goddess knows that we certainly have enough home-grown citizens in this Country who have lost their jobs and have fallen on hard times who need any available jobs out there.
 
I recall a conversation I had last year with a very lovely Canadian woman while in Ontario regarding this very subject. She said, and I quote, “Oh, our (the Canadian) government put a STOP to THAT!” What a shame our own government doesn’t follow suit, eh? In any case, I trust in the karmic laws to do their job regardless of any given situation. It’s like that old saying goes, “What comes around, goes around!” You betcha!

6 comments:

  1. Who knows, maybe you'll get the position after all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jacqueline! You are such a wonderful breath of fresh air!!! I will think positive!!! ;)

      Hugs,

      Kim

      Delete
  2. I kind of wonder why someone from Canada would illegally migrate to the US for a job. I do not think that these countries vary greatly concerning their situation. Or am I mistaken? (I do understand, without necessarily supporting it, if a person comes from a poor country or one that is at war and tries to work in a rich(er) country as an illegal immigrant.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so stupid! I wonder if this person was new to Canada? Doesn't make sense. Both our countries are having tough times! I just don't understand some people! Kim, hopefully you will get the job now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diandra & Stacy ~ I quite agree with you guys. The situation does not make any sense to me either since both Countries are pretty similar (very slight difference as I understand it?)

    Anyhow, I truthfully blame the idiot from the Teamsters who was given the authority to do the so-called hiring in the first place. He ought to lose HIS job for being so terribly irresponsible!

    Thanks for your kind and supportive words. Stacy, you know that I like Canadians very much (good people!) and I would never wish to disrespect them or Canada in any way.I hope that you know that, my friend! ;)

    Big hugs,

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know my friend ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete