We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Blast from my Past!


(taken at a H.S. football game ~ me and my long-time best friend & twirling partner Karin. We had competed as a duo and won many trophies and ribbons through the years)
  
 
Greetings to all! I don’t know about you guys, but I LOVE You Tube! Just yesterday morning I was surfing around in hopes of finding some very old footage from my High School Band days back in 1983. Much to my delight I actually found a couple of things. I had been a twirler (2 baton) since I was 10 years old and I was involved in drum and marching corps up until Senior High. I was a twirler in both my Junior and Senior High School days and it was in that year that we took a High School band trip to St. Petersburg, FL and won the 1983 National Championships! What a year that was!!!



Anyhow, I just thought that you all might get a kick out of the following clip which was taken from the last few minutes of one of our Field Show competitions. The song was “Firebird Suite” and I am the twirler up in front third in from the left on the left-hand side. You may want to only watch until we march off of the field as the rest of the video is just the awards ceremony ...
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, how exciting to see that, Kim!!! You were such a cutie too!! Love the photos, also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, you are a cutey!!! I love the video!! Thanks so much for sharing all of this ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete