We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Monday, February 21, 2011

Wacky Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting


Wacky Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

Every year, for as long as I can remember, my mom has made this really yummy Pennsylvania Dutch cake called a “Wacky Cake” for my birthday.  It is a moist, chocolate cake which is so good that it really doesn’t even need icing to taste great. Anyway, my mom baked one for my birthday last weekend and so I thought that I would include her recipe on my blog.

Mixed together ~
1 ½ cups sifted flour
1 cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt

Stir all ingredients until evenly mixed and pour into an ungreased pan. Make three holes in mixture: (1) 5 tablespoons melted butter (2) 1 teaspoon vinegar and (3) 2 teaspoons vanilla. Over all, pour 1 cup of cold water. Mix until smooth. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 35 minutes.

Cream Cheese Frosting

Ingredients ~
3 oz. cream cheese (room temperature)
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 lb. butter or margarine
2 ½ - 3 cups 10 X sugar
Beat well or until right consistency


1 comment:

  1. Oh Sweet Isis! That sounds so so delicious! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete