We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Monday, May 02, 2011

An Earth Prayer


 
My brother the star,
My Mother the Earth,
My sister the Moon -
To my life give beauty,
To my body give strength,
To my work give goodness,
To my house give peace
To my spirit give truth
To my elders give wisdom –
We must pray for strength
We must pray to come together,
Pray to the weeping Earth,
Pray to the trembling waters
and to the wandering rain
We must pray to the whispering Moon,
Pray to the tip-toeing stars
and to the hollering Sun
 
~ Nancy Wood

(Picture: One of the pics I had taken last year while in Hamilton, Bermuda)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful prayer, I am very moved by this. ANd your photo, with the reflection on the water, wonderful! Thanks for this lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful.. both the photo and the poem.

    ReplyDelete