We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Friday, April 22, 2016

An Earth Day Poem


Thankful

These are the things I'm thankful for...
The sweet smell of flowers in springtime,
Beautiful clear blue skies above me,
The feeling of damp grass beneath my bare feet,
The sound of a free running stream,
The warmth of the sun on my cheeks,
The site of a field filled with corn,
The sound of birds singing in the trees,
The taste of fresh picked raspberries,
Crisp, clear autumn mornings,
The sound of leaves crunching beneath my feet,
The site of pumpkins growing in a field,
The first chill of winter in the air,
The site of snowflakes frolicking on the breeze,
Watching children skate on a frozen pond,
And seeing the first robins of spring

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I am thankful for all those things too! Happy Earth Day!

    ReplyDelete