We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Monday, September 17, 2018

Reminiscing ...

Happy Monday everyone! I had a really good time with my friend Deb at the Fall Festival on Saturday. One of the cool shops we visited was a wonderful place called, "Curious on the Avenue." There, I bought a lovely matted 8x10 colored photo of The Reading Pagoda - which is now displayed in my living room ...


Deb loves dragonflies and so she bought this beautiful set of three hand-painted glass votive candle holders ...

She kept the two with the dragonflies on them and gifted me this one. I love it! It is also currently adorning my living room ...


Today, it rained all day so it was a good day to putter around the house. This past weekend while visiting my mom, she had she wanted me to go through a few very old things she found up in her attic. Childhood toys such as my treasured dolls (Barbie's), old clothing, etc. I like to think that I was a typical, normal little girl from the 70's era and I lived for my beloved dolls.

 These are the original Barbie books/catalogs ...


My mom loved to sew. As well as making a lot of my own clothing growing up, she also used some Simplicity patterns to make my dolls their clothing such as this green corduroy vest and matching pants set ...

and this pretty blue velvet dress with white lace around the collar and sleeves ...

My nana also loved to make my doll clothing. She crocheted this blue poncho and hat set ...

This was a pretty dress my mom made for my favorite baby doll. It was yellow-colored from being stored upstairs in her attic for so long so I soaked it in oxi-clean solution to whiten it a bit ...


Anyone remember the Tiffany Taylor doll?

She had both blonde and black hair which you could switch up just by turning the top of her head. I even still have her green platform shoes that she came with.


I really adored this doll and I think I kept her in pretty good condition after all these years ...


My mom also found another macrame choker which I made back in junior high school. I also had to oxiclean this as well.


And lastly, an old blue crushed velvet dress I tried on with the macrame choker just today ...

Not too sure what to do with all this old stuff, but for now I am going to box it all up and keep it. What can I say? Some memories just never die.

3 comments:

  1. The Reading Pagoda is wonderful!
    Wonderful treasures that are worth even more because they were yours! You look great in the blue crushed velvet dress!!!
    Enjoy your keepsakes Kim!

    Big Hugs ❤ ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim! I love your print and I love the hand painted class votive containers! Your barbie dolls are amazing! How fun! I use to have Cher! LOL! Wish I still did. But, I cut all my dolls hair. Don't know why? Love the homemade outfits! I love the choker and that dress! You look amazing! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun going through childhood treasures. How much your mom and nana loved you to make clothes for your dolls. I was a tomboy and didn't really play with dolls even though I had them.

    ReplyDelete