We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Saturday, January 30, 2021

Our Imbolg celebration ~ 2021



Due to both of our conflicting schedules and the predicted impending bad weather for early next week, my sister Aurora Skye and I decided to hold our Imbolg celebration a few days early this year. So, today, we held our ritual in my living room instead of the altar room as usual because my husband was working downstairs. As I was setting up our altar, Miss Ginger  had decided to check things out for herself ...

In addition to our altar, we displayed our personal wedding photos - symbolic of the sabbat of Imbolg as we were honoring the Triple Goddess Brigid whose name gives way to the word "bride" ...

(L-R): My parents taken after their engagement, Aurora Skye and her husband, and a photo taken from my own wedding album of my legal handfasting as performed by High Priestess and my Reiki Master, Lady Sabrina Rhiannon.

Brigid's Bed.
Brigid's ritual candle.
Lighting our white ritual candles from Brigid's flame.

Our altar adorned with symbols of Imbolg, we humbly asked Brigid to bless us with her presence and urged Her to unite with her loving consort, the Young Lord of Light, once again to bring on the coming of Spring.


Imbolc Oil
1 part basil
1 part frankincense
1 part myrrh
2 parts rosemary
3 parts cinnamon
6 drops jasmine essential oil
5 drops sandalwood essential oil

💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗

AN IMBOLG CAROL

We dance the Ring of Imbolg,
We dance the round of Spring,
We dance this night to invoke,
The hope that it will bring.
(author unknown)


Wishing everyone a very Blessed Imbolg!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely ritual. Ginger is so cute checking things out. Take care and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope an early Imbolg celebration will bring an early spring. I love the altar and curious Miss Ginger. The "ingredients" in the Imbolc oil are a wonderful blend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Kim! Ginger is adorable! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete