We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Sunday, March 28, 2021

Tarot for the Green Witch ~ by author Ann Moura


Yesterday, my husband and I decided to take a road trip to Coventry Mall located in Pottstown, PA. There, I stopped into a unique little shop called, "The Morgue" where I found this really interesting book entitled, "Tarot for the Green Witch" written by author Ann Moura. Now, I already own a couple of her "Green Witchcraft" books and enjoyed them immensely. So, that being said I just could not resist buying this book. I began reading it as soon as I got home and so far, I love it.

Next, I will order the tarot deck of cards which go with this book. They are versatile and include 78 fully illustrated cards consisting of 22 Major Arcana and 56 Minor Arcana. 

The Major Arcana have been retitled to reflect Green Witchcraft beliefs, however the fundamental traditional meanings of the cards are the same as a traditional tarot deck set. The Major Arcana titles are as follows: The Greenman (The Fool), The Witch (The Magician), The High Priestess (or Drawing Down the Moon), The Earth Mother (The Emperess), The Horned God (The Emperor), The High Priest (The Hierophant, or Drawing Down the Sun), The Lady and the Lord (The Lovers), The Battle Wagon (The Chariot), The Crone (Strength), The Holly King (The Hermit or Sage), The Wheel of the Year (The Wheel of Fortune), The Standing Stone (Justice), The Oak King (The Hanged Man), The Lord of Shadows (Death), The Sidhe (Temperance), Nature (The Devil), The Wild Hunt (The Tower), The Star, The Moon, The Sun, Harvest (Judgement), and The World Tree (The World).

And, there are very slight changes to the card suits. The Minor Arcana suits are the Pentacles (Disks), Athames (Swords), Wands (Rods), and Chalices (Cups), while the Courts are Page, Knight, Queen, and King.



This book also features an array of useful tarot card spreads which I really do like the idea of. Naturally, I will have to get used to the slight change in card names and such, but as I said, the meanings themselves have not been compromised. 

1 comment:

  1. I like the name of the little shop you visited in Pottstown. I never heard of Green Witchcraft before. It's fascinating - and those Tarot cards are really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete