We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Ya know, somehow "I told you so" just doesn't quite say it

Wait, allow me to reiterate ...


The following post is my personal experience and not up for debate nor is it an invite to discuss whether or not to be a 'guinea pig' for getting the COVID-19 vaccine.. So, that being said, allow me to tell you all about MY week so far...

It began last Thursday evening while I was at work, the last two hours of the night I noticed my throat was getting  a bit sore. Now, mind you, working in a dry air room wearing those miserable masks does NOT help matters. The next morning (Friday), my throat had gotten worse and I called off as it is protocol, eventhough we get our temperatures checked everyday before we can enter the building, we are not to come into work if we have ANY of the so-called COVID-19 symptoms. I laid low and rested up the entire weekend and by Sunday night I had a runny nose, coughing, and sneezing. However, I did not at anytime have a fever - never! I knew it was a sinus infection as I get them religiously every year. I spoke to a supervisor on Monday before work as to what I am supposed to do. I was directed to contact my HR department and call my family physician. So I did just that.

My plan was to call my doctor and get seen so he could administer my usual antibiotics. Instead, I was told I HAD to get a COVID test before they would even consider seeing me in person. So, I drove to the closest Tower Health Urgent Care and they gave me the rapid Covid test which (as I could have told them) came out negative. But, that wasn't good enough for them, they forced me to take yet ANOTHER ridiculous test (like my poor nose wasn't sore and hurting enough I had to endure two more painful long-ass Q-tips up my nostrils).

I then went home and was told that the second test results would come back today (Tuesday). In the meantime, I had to speak to a triage nurse and my on-site nurse as well as dealing with constant emails, etc. Lo and behold folks, my second test results were NEGATIVE. And, after all that red tape I finally was able to get my family doctor to send in a prescription for my antibiotics which I picked up at CVS this afternoon.

Remember, the only reason I called off of work in the first place was because I knew I was getting a sinus infection - I know my body and have lived with myself for the past 57 years - nuff said.

My doctor's nurse called me this afternoon to inform me that my family doctor will not release me back to work until he is sure all of my sinus symptons have gone. I quite agree as going back even after just starting my antibiotics would be pointless because I am convinced that the masks we are forced to wear would only serve to work against the meds - after all, we ARE breathing in our own germs, folks! It does not take a rocket scientist to figure that one out now, does it.

And so, I say one last time ...


3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that you had to go through all that absolute nonsense just because of a sinus infection. The world has gone completely insane with a myriad of new (and unnecessary) rules and regulations.
    The last time I wore a mask in Walmart I could hardly breathe and got an asthma attack.

    And I agree that being forced to wear masks constantly causes more harm than good. I've always been opposed to plague masks (and, believe it or not, I lost several long-time readers of my blog because of my opinion).
    Ironically, I've had a sinus allergy these past few days - undoubtedly from all the pollen and weird stuff out here in the wilderness.
    Anyway, take care and I hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jon. I would not be surprised if I lost some readers as well. I am allowed to have my views just as well as anyone else. Last I looked we still had freedom of speech. In any case, if I do - so be it. Take care of those allergies. Feel better soon!

      Delete
  2. Yup, asthmatic and upper respiratory allergies here. Waiting several days to get treatment, for me, i.e. prednisone and antibiotics, could cost me my life. I was getting the death stares long before SARS-CoV-2 reared its ugly head with the sneezing, hacking, coughing and zombie-glazed-over-eyes from the antihistamines, that goes with my allergies. I would have been real unhappy with my doctor's office for not pulling my chart before sending me on the wild-goose-chase they sent you on. Get to feeling better.

    Everybody-should-wear-2-masks Fauci, did a paper in 2008 on the up-swing of bacterial pneumonia during the Spanish Influenza that he attributed to mask wearing. I will quit now, cause the whole thing just make me CrAnKy.

    ReplyDelete