We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Dichotomy?


  • Dichotomy: refers to the division of something into two especially in logical classification. It is the dividing or separating into two mutually contradictory or exclusive groups. A synonym of the word is duality or being two fold.

Last Saturday, my husband and I took my mom out for dinner at The Station at Reinholds Inn - mainly because she wanted to eat in the Victorian-style dining room. So as we are sitting at our table (the first photo below), the power went out and I heard Chef Brooklyn run downstairs to the cellar to flip the power switch back on. I could not figure out why the power would go out because from where we were seated looking outside the sun was bright and shining. Then my husband said, "Well, look out the windows at the other side of the room." Lo and behold, it was POURING DOWN RAIN on the other side of the room/building (the second photo shows where the windows are located - NOTE: these are old photos I took last year in October so they are not pics from our dinner last Saturday) ...



From the railroad tracks which are located right outside of the buiding, you could see the rain was coming down on one side of the tracks and not coming down on the other. It was as if Mother Nature drew a line across the road. This type of occurrence has happened a total of three times so far in my life - once while I was driving through Wernersville a few years ago and another last year while driving my mom home from Christmas shopping. The video below gives you an example of what I experienced ...

2 comments:

  1. That is a strange phenomenon and I don't recall ever experiencing it. I've seen a lot of sun showers (raining when the sun is out) - in fact I saw one the other day.
    The Victorian-style dining room is nice.

    ReplyDelete