We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Sunday, July 25, 2021

Weekend Happenings

Greetings, friends and welcome to the end of yet another weekend. Yesterday was fairly busy - my husband and I had an appointment at our bank in the morning regarding a pension plan I had with a former employer which needed to be notarized - (yes, I am a notary but of course I can not notarize my own documents). After that, my sister Aurora Skye and I had a chance to spend the day together having lunch and shopping around at or local haunts.

Since The Mint Leaf is located directly down the road from my house, we started there ...


They had quite a few new items to purchase since the last time we were there. Among them, were a whole slew of beach and mermaid things!

A cool mug ("Mermaids have all the fun!"), a large towel, and hand-painted mermaid earrings made of wood ...

As well as these pretty Blue Agate studs ...

We made a quick stop into the Stinkleberry Soap Company for some whipped soap then Aurora noticed this sign in the parking lot ...
..

We had never gone into The Mystical Boutique before and so decided to check it out!



They were having a "Christmas in July" sale and ALL of their candles were on sale for 25% off!  

They have a fabulous array of awesome items ...


I found this pair of sterling silver moon hoop earrings which go rather nicely with the new blue agate studs ...

They have a HUGE table of assorted crystals and gemstones! I LOVE IT!! I bought a malachite gemstone and something I have never seen nor heard of before - Blue Onyx!

Blue Onyx is a blue colored variety of onyx, found in Brazil, Uruguay, the United States of America, and India. It is connected to the throat chakra, which explains its mighty inner strength energy, and emotional healing properties to deal with stressful situations and overcoming difficult times with expertise. Onyx is a variety of chalcedony. 

Chalcedony is distinguished from agate by its frankly banded structure. Onyx often reminds us of a black colored stone, considering that black onyx is one of the most popular varieties of the Onyx stones.

However, it is good to know that Onyx stone exists in other fascinating colors, depending on the fine inclusions found there, and one of these colors is blue. 

I also picked up these books ...

And a Healing Gem Candle and votive ...


Then we headed out for lunch at Beverly Hills Tavern where we bumped into our friends Kyle and Dave on their way out.

Enjoying a refreshing Orange Crush with our tasty lunch of buffalo chicken dip and chips with cheese fries!

Aurora adorning her gorgeous crystal pendant!

On the way home, we saw a car driving in front of us with THIS on their back window - it was a woman with a Delaware license plate who BTW was weaving in and out of the traffic lanes AND speeding none-the-less. What nerve eh? ...
.

And last, but not least, my friend Chef Jesenia gifted me this cute little magnet she bought while she was visiting Idaho last week ... 👀😎

Have a good week everyone!!

3 comments:

  1. The shops are awesome. I wish we had something like that close by. The blue onyx is gorgeous and my favorite shade of blue! I have never heard of onyx coming in any other color but black. Looks like you had a wonderful outing. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did well with your purchases, everything looks good.
    Enjoy the week ahead.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some really interesting shops and boutiques near you. And the food always looks good. I never knew there were so many different mermaid items - love the mug.

    That car with the threatening inscription on the window is really weird.

    ReplyDelete