We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Saturday, October 02, 2021

Mom's vintage Halloween treasures

.

A couple of years ago, my mom found some of her old vintage Halloween decorations while poking around up in her attic. She had them nicely and neatly tucked away carefully in a plastic storage bag. She asked me if I wanted them. Of course I wanted them! And there they were, wonderful and memorable treasures from my childhood which I hold so near and dear to my heart ...

Along with the other vintage decorations, she also passed on to me "Witchy Poo" ... 


When my mom worked at Boscov's Department Store all those many years ago, she bought a witch lamp and every year, she would bring out "Witchy-Poo." My mom actually called her that because at the time the childrens television show, "H.R. Puff 'n' Stuff'" was popular and so was the character of "Witchy-Poo." Anyhow, I inherited Witchy Poo as well so I suppose one could call her the "family witch"?

She also found a couple of my dad's old Army pics from when he was stationed in Italy. I plan on using these pics to display next to our altar for this year's Samhain ...

Miss you each and every day, dad!

>^^<    >^^<    >^^<    >^^<    >^^<    >^^<    >^^<

Until next time, Brightest Blessings all!! 

3 comments:

  1. Delightful Halloween treasures! Wonderful to also have pics of your dad when he was a young, handsome man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful collection of vintage Halloween treasures - and the best part is that they were kept in excellent condition. The witch lamp is really unique.
    Great photos of your father!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Dad is adorable! My mother is still using the old decorations so I found most of them on ebay. Beistle is also restoring these designs for sale on their website

    ReplyDelete