We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Saturday, January 22, 2022

Happy Heavenly Birthday, Dad

Since today would have been my beloved Dad's 89th birthday, I thought I would post one of his favorite songs. In fact, I sang it for him live one night while out at a local open mic night. Beautiful song, for the most beautiful dad (and human being) I have ever known and ever will know. I miss you each and every day, Dad ... I love you! 
A pic taken of my dad and me at his retirement party in 1994.
My dad as a child. He is the little boy wearing the cute bib overalls.
His graduation picture.

Dad when he was stationed in Germany while serving in the Army during the Korean War.  

Me and dad at my cousin's wedding reception in 1984.
Dad, Brett, me, and my mom taken at my wedding in 2001.

2012
Me and dad on Christmas Day ~ 2015.



One of my favorite pics of my dad.

"It felt like springtime on this February morning. In the courtyard birds were singing your praise. I'm still recalling things you said to make me feel alright. I carry them with me today now."
 ~ Sophie B. Hawkins ('As I Lay Me Down')

4 comments:

  1. Such lovely memories you have of your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful tribute to your father, along with great photos. Kim, you were very fortunate to have a loving father whom you obviously adored. Your cherished memories will always keep him close to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jon. Yes, I was very blessed to have such a loving, caring dad. I thank God every day for it!

      Delete