We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Sunday, January 16, 2022

Three-day weekend

Greetings, friends. well it will be a three-day weekend for me as we have Martin Luther King, Jr's birthday holiday off tomorrow. Later on today; however, we are expecting bad weather. No one except for Mother Nature knows exactly how much we will truly get, but regardless I am glad to not have to drive in the crappy winter weather to go to work tomorrow! I had every intention of publishing this post last night; however, it took me 5 hours ... I repeat, FIVE long hours to do the P.I.T.A. (pain in the ass) Windows 10 updates on my laptop.  A ridiculously long time as far as I am concerned. 😖

Yesterday, I ran to the pet store for more cat food and litter - something I was completely out of as of Friday night so I had to go anyhow - pending bad weather or not. I even stopped off at the CVS across the road from my house to put together a nice little collage of Kyli's Sweet 16 celebration from last Saturday. They are fairly inexpensive so I made a copy for Kiki as well ...

Other than that, I did next to nothing the remainder of the day other than chill with the cats ...

Lazy day ...

If I get a chance, I might try to publish some snow pics later on tonight ....

Berks Alerts.

Winter Weather Advisory

Start

End

Sunday, January 16, 6:00 PM EST

Monday, January 17, 3:00 AM EST

Source: U.S. National Weather Service

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM SUNDAY TO 3 AM EST MONDAY... * WHAT...Mixed precipitation expected. Total snow accumulations of 1 to 3 inches and ice accumulations of around one tenth of an inch. Winds gusting as high as 40 mph. * WHERE...Portions of northern and northwest New Jersey and east central and southeast Pennsylvania. * WHEN...From 6 PM Sunday to 3 AM EST Monday. * IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Precipitation is expected to start as snow before quickly changing to a wintry mix and eventually changing to all rain.  


6 comments:

  1. Ours will be changing to heavy rain during the night. It's the winds I worry about. We don't usually have a problem with power, but it doesn't stop me from worrying. Your kitties have gotten so big and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. So glad you are back blogging again!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you have a three-day weekend. I completely forgot that Monday is a holiday. I hope the weather doesn't get very bad where you are. Here in TN it started snowing heavily around mid-morning (Sunday). I'm hoping that we won't get a power outage.
    Take care and keep cozy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know this SUCKS! Ours began earlier than it was supposed to and my husband is ON CALL driving in this miserable f-ing crap! He is up near Philadelphia on a damned job of all days! Needless to say, I am a nervous WRECK!

      Delete
  3. I hope this storm fizzles. The Eldest’s are in WesternPA. Is expecting 8 to 16 inches. She is working tonight, too, getting out at 11:30 pm. I’m so worried. Glad you don’t have any place to go and can hang out safe and sound with the fur babies. I just read the above comment so I hope all is well with your husband

    ReplyDelete