We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Thursday, January 06, 2022

This and That

Greetings, friends! Well so far it has been a pretty rough start to the new year. To begin with, I found out that two of my high school classmates passed away on New Year's Eve. One of them was a sweet, beautiful soul whom I remember very fondly. His name was Craig Turner and he was a straight-A student up until he was diagnosed with a brain tumor while he was still in elementary school. I went to school with him and we even rode on the same school bus together. I remember the other kids, because kids can and are essentially cruel-hearted and nasty in my opinion, used to pick on him and make fun of him - just as they did me as well all through my school years. I inadvertently came across his obituary on Sunday night and decided to share the link directly to my "Class of 1983 Wilson High School" facebook page. NO ONE knew about his passing because apparantly my esteemed former classmates who were incharge of the page NEVER added him to our yearbook - this was simply unacceptable to me. And, a few of my former classsmates commented to this fact. I was saddened to read of his passing, but was glad to see that MANY of those same classmates left lovely comments to Craig's obituary post I shared - even sharing some of the good memories that they had of him in school ... Rest in Peace, my friend. 😢

(The obit) ...

Craig M. Turner, 57, of Reinholds, passed away surrounded with love on Friday, December 31, 2021, at Penn State St. Joseph Medical Center, Reading, PA. Born in Ephrata, Craig was the son of Elizabeth A. (Bailey) Turner and the late John W. Turner. Craig was a graduate of Wilson High School, class of 1983. He enjoyed astronomy and airplanes, particularly military flight; he always dreamed of being a pilot. Craig liked everything birds, his passion was to fly. Craig always had a smile on his face and a song in his heart. He loved music of the 60’s and 70’s, especially the Beatles and Paul Revere and the Raiders. His presence brightened a room and a conversation with Craig would brighten your day. He loved life, loved being with his family, and his smile and laughter was contagious. He was the most amazing son, brother, and uncle, spoiling his entire family with attention and love. A sharp dresser, Craig enjoyed colorful sunglasses, fashions of his favorite era, and sporting a suit and tie like a rock star. A lifetime member of St. Paul’s Lutheran Church in Adamstown, he loved belonging to this church and truly felt a part of this church community. In addition to his mother, Craig is survived by a sister, Margaret E. Yatron, brother-in-law Nick Yatron of Pocono Lake; a niece, Victoria Purcell; nephew, T.J. Fugee; great nephews, Trent Fugee and Nathan Purcell; and his cat, Morris. Craig was predeceased by his father and sister, Roxanne.

Moving on, this Saturday is my Goddaughter, Kylianna's Sweet 16 Birthday Party. I found a beautiful musical snow globe with a revolving cherub at Things Rememberd.

I had it engraved: "To my Goddaughter, Kylianna. I love you to the moon and back."

On Monday, I met up with one of my oldest and dearest friends, (and Kyli's grandmother), Kiki. at Ganly's Pub for lunch ...

I hope all is well with everyone and have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful tribute to your friend. May he dwell in health and happiness in the Summerlands and his memory be a blessing.

    ReplyDelete