We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Sunday, June 19, 2022

Art on the Avenue & A Very Special Birthday!


Blessed Sunday all! Yesterday, I had a VERY rare Saturday off from work and was fortunate enough to be able to celebrate my sister's 59th birthday with her. Technically, her birthday was last Sunday, but as time would allow it, we could only get together yesterday. 

The weather was gorgeous. After a week of horrid humidity, we had temps in the mid-70's and a nice continuous breeze the entire day! And so, we enjoyed the Annual Art on the Avenue event in West Reading ...

There were so many great sales. We stopped into "Celtic Myth & Moonlight" were I purchased these cool new items ...


Cat earrings ...


Two handmade votive candles ...

Along with a pretty crescent moon with a heart necklace at another vendor who sold hand-crafted jewelry ...


We had a nice lunch at "The West Reading Tavern" then stopped off at our local "Barnes & Noble" Store on the way home where I picked up this 'Game of Thrones' card game on clearance for only $5.00! ...

I had originally planned to bake her a birthday cake, but it FLOPPED horribly! So, I ran out and bought a double chocolate cake instead and added the cake decorations which I had already planned on using. I thought that I would surprise her with the numbers "3" and "9" rather than 59 and add the sign below. While at Michael's Arts & Crafts Store, I also saw a pack of really cool birthday candles that had colored flames ...


Make a wish!


Oh yes, I almost forgot to mention - I also bought a new cat toy for the fur babies. It is a handmade crescent moon catnip toy made with organic catnip - it was hit! ...



3 comments:

  1. You're so thoughtful. What a lovely celebration you prepared. Fun shopping spree. I love the earrings. So funny to see the cats zoned out with the catnip. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fur babies are really enjoying the catnip crescent moon - - that last photo made me laugh. I also like your whimsical cat earrings.

    Your sister's birthday cake is beautiful and 39 is a good number. I stopped counting when I turned 40. There were many times when I honestly couldn't remember what my age is - - and I think it's better that way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post.
    Belated birthday wishes to your sister.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete