We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Friday, July 13, 2018

Friday odds and ends

Yesterday I published a re-post sharing my thoughts on meeting friends via the internet - social sites such as Facebook and most specifically Blogger.

I would like to share with you a wonderful memory of a very lovely woman whom I met a few years ago when she had her own blog, "Wiccan Writes." Her craft name is Robin Larkspur and I had the pleasure of meeting up with her on my way to Kingston, Ontario Canada with my husband and in-laws. We all met for lunch at a Cracker Barrel in Syracuse, New York. We chatted and surprised each other with special gifts as well ...

Robin presented me with this lovely journal book which I still have to this day ...
And beautifully wrapped in green tissue paper decorated with a sprig of her homegrown rosemary from her garden.

I gave her a framed square PA Dutch handmade quilt from Berks County, PA. She liked it so much that she displayed it on her living room mantel. 

I wished I could have met up with Stacy (Magic Love Crow) as well, but she lives in Aurora, Ontario, and unfortunately it would have been way too far of a travel for her to make. Perhaps someday!
(A pic of a cool flag we saw hung up in one of the restaurants we dined in while in Canada.)

Wednesday evening, I actually did get to know better a
very sweet woman (via telephone) whom I have been chatting with on Facebook as we both belong to a really awesome closed group (members only) fan site called, "MASTER, Jimmy Page." She had asked me if I could tag her on a pic I posted which she really liked a lot, but for some reason the tag did not implement. And so I did the next best thing I could think of and IM'd  (private messaged) her the pic so she could share it on her FB page. The next thing I knew, she messaged me back thanking me and told me that if I ever wanted to give her a phone call, she would love to chat with me off line and gave me her cell number. I told her I do not have long distance nor my own cell phone and gave her my land line phone number. She asked if I was available for her to call me that night if I had the time and we talked for at least two hours ... seriously. She seems like such a lovely lady and we had a very enjoyable time! We will most probably get the chance to speak again soon and I told her I would like that as well. Now, I do not make a habit of speaking on the phone to folks I barely know on FB, but I had a good vibe from her and she me. 
Life is strange sometimes, isn't it? 

And last but not least, here is the scoop -  it is National Ice Cream month ...!

6 comments:

  1. Oh Robin. It's good to see her. I enjoyed her blog so much. It's wonderful to meet people we've been chatting with long distance. I've been planning a trip to Boston this summer which I planned to meet a blogger/FB friend, but it doesn't appear that it's going to happen. Not into long traveling with a bad back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Robin by her name. How wonderful that you both were able to meet and what lovely gifts you gave to each other.
    Stacy is a sweetheart online and offline I am betting she is exactly the same as she is on her blog...talented artist and a beautiful person.
    Have a magical day dear Kim.
    Hugs Always~

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely to meet Internet friends or chat with them on the phone. The gifts you exchanged are very beautiful and thoughtful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, do you ever hear from Robin?? I was thinking about her. I hope her and her family are doing well!
    Someday, we might meet. That would be great!
    How wonderful, you had such a great phone call with your new friend from Facebook! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy, I have not heard from her in quite a while, but last I knew she said she was moving? I hope she is well, too!!

      Delete
    2. Her and her hubby had bought land. That was the last I heard from Robin too.

      Delete