We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Friday, March 22, 2019

Fun Friday!


Happy Friday, my friends! And what a busy week it was - the first day of Spring arrived, the Worm Full Moon, a Supermoon, preparing for our get-together this weekend, cooking, running to my mom's house a lot, etc.


I found yet another bargain cookbook, but this one is specifically written for Crockpot recipes. I tried an easy Chicken Rice Soup recipe from it last night and will probably try a few others at some later point. Also, because fresh veggies do not keep for very long before they spoil, I substituted the celery ribs for celery seed and since we are not big fans of onions in my house, I used basil and parsley flakes instead.

Chicken Rice Soup
(1 cup = 137 calories, serves 10)

Ingredients:
8 cups chicken broth (I substituted using the reduced-sodium chicken broth instead - just my personal preference)
3 celery ribs, sliced
1 small onion, chopped
salt & pepper to taste
2 cups cubed cooked chicken
1 cup uncooked long grain rice


In a large saucepan, combine broth, celery, onion, salt & pepper;  
bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add chicken and rice; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender.

And with the soup I also made these grilled cheese sticks ...


With my mom now officially living back in her house again, I told her that since she said that she will miss my cooking for her every night I would make extra food and take it over to her. The other day she asked me to make her spaghetti so I cooked it up last night so that she will have it for dinner tonight (yes, I have been doing more cooking as of late). This is my version of  'meals on wheels' -  a microwave container of spaghetti, 5 slices of Italian bread, and a container of grated Parmesan cheese to go ... 😀


I also bought a cool little teapot set for a great bargain at a thrift shop near me. It was only $5.00!The price was right and I always wanted one of these ...


This weekend my sister and I are planning to get together for our own little Ostara/Spring Equinox ritual celebration as it is far too hard to do much during the week - Saturday's or Sunday's always seem to work out much better for us both.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Delicious food! I love soup!
    You are very kind to cook for your mom.
    She must feel good being back in her home...but I bet she misses you.
    Have a lovely weekend with your sister.
    Love that teapot and the tea cups!
    Great bargain!

    Hugs 💮

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a great little cookbook. I don't use my crock pot as often as I should. Maybe about 6 times since I got it. Thanks for the chicken rice soup recipe. Looks so yummy. I love my soups.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to do meals on wheels for my dad except I shopped and prepared food for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, pushed enter too soon. Cute teapot and cups. Have a good weekend an enjoy the celebration and visit with your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  5. delicious foods...yummy.
    such a beautiful teapot...love it.
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a nice teapot set.
    Have a lovely weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good home made food! Yummy! Love your teapot set! Very cute! Good of you to cook for your mom! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete