We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Wednesday, December 18, 2019

What's new?

Greetings, friends and Happy Wednesday to you! First thing I wish to share with you is about one of my trainer's whom I am fortunate enough to work with. Her name is Jesenia and she is truly one of a kind. I will never forget the first day I began working with her, she immediately noticed that I was having much trouble actually "seeing" what I was doing in regards to my job. She was kind and caring and spoke to our Line Lead about me acquiring prescription safety glasses. She was told that I would have to be employed for eight months in order for the company to pay for them. Jesenia, being a highly qualified trainer, vouched for me and gave me a reference so that I could go ahead and get the safety glasses I needed. I remember thanking her afterward for stepping up to help me as she did, and she said to me, "I like to see people succeed." Those words resonated with me because in all of my years working NO ONE had ever said that to me before. I knew right away that she was a very genuine and sincere human being. 

She also happens to be a licensed chef who has a business of her own on the side. Since I have gone back to work and on second shift, I no longer have the time nor the energy to make home-cooked meals anymore so I have been ordering some delicious homemade dinners from her (as have some of my other co-workers) for the past few weeks or so. On Monday, she brought in a box of imported German chocolates and a goody bag of candy for those of us who have supported her catering business as a "thank you" ... 💜

Her yummy red velvet cheesecake! 👐
And homemade spice eggnog! Soo good!

Moving on, I have been boxing up some items this week to donate to Celtic Myth & Moonlight and the Goodwill Store for drop off this Friday ...

And finally, I am off for the next two weeks for mandatory shutdown. I have a lot of things on my To-Do list which I would like to get down during this time off - one of them is getting to spend a bit more time with my fur babies!

4 comments:

  1. So nice to have good co-workers and a company to help you succeed. Enjoy your time with the fur babies. Give 'em each a hug and headbutt from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your time with the fur babies, great pictures.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me smile! Thanks Kim! So happy you work at an excellent place like this, with great co-workers! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete