We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Sunday, September 26, 2021

Our Anniversary trip to New Hope



Happy Sunday, everyone! We have had a GORGEOUS two-day weekend here in PA and so my husband and I decided to take a day trip to New Hope. It has been a couple of years since we last had the chance to get away and we have been making trips there since we began dating many years back. 

We always stop off lunch at a cool place called, "Fran's Pub" where we shared a pepperoni pizza and had a drink. One of the reasons I love going to New Hope, most especially at this time of the year, is because the entire strip is decorated for autumn and Halloween! ...



Then we frequented some of our favorite shoppes and enjoyed the beautiful weather and relaxing scenery. I was happy to see that the stores, "Mystickal Tymes" and "Gypsy Heaven" were still open.

However, it saddens me how many places had been forced to close down thanks to our moron of a Governor (*sigh*) - I spoke to the owner of "Mystickal Tymes" and he said it has been rough. When I told him I was glad to see he was still in business, he said to me, "I'm trying." I remember when he had his pretty white cat named Morganna who greeted all of his customers. Here are a couple of old pics I took a few years ago of her with Brett ...  

.


While there, I found of a couple of Fall Leaf votive candles and a Yule candle holder ...




Of course, I had to have a few of these delicious treats from Sciascia Confections ...

Raspberry, Blueberry, and Blackberry macaroons.

And I could not resist this cool outfit (it is a versatile dress/pants jumper) at the shoppe, "House of India" ...

The bridge directly off of Main Street heading into New Jersey ...


On the way home we decided to just "wing it" and figure out where we were going for dinner. We ended up at "Cracker Barrel" and the food was delicious. I had the marinated chicken breast with steak fries and kernel corn. YUMMY! 

They were very busy and we had a 30 minute wait. No problem, that is what their fabulous gift shop is for! Brett picked up these awesome unique sodas to go ...


... and I found a pretty blue crochet top and a new Christmas Doe statue for Yule ...


This morning, I ran to the local grocery store for fresh eggs, bacon and bread and made us breakfast. As for the rest of the weekend, I will be doing some much-needed laundry. 

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like it was a fabulous anniversary weekend. The photos are great - - that pizza made me drool and I like the sodas that Brett got Even though I'm in a Halloween mood, I love the beautiful Christmas doe!

    Kim my Houdini post is back online. I had to make some changes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we did, thank you, Jon! I, too, am in the Halloween mood and not ready for Yuletide yet. One aside, I was fairly surprised that, thankfully, not too many shoppes insisted upon us wearing the plague masks - considering we were basically in "liberal central" I mean ... lol. Anyhow, we refused to be forced to wear them so we decided to spend our money elsewhere!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful trip! Morganna is so beautiful. Poking in Cracker Barrel gift shop is so fun. I'm always tempted by their old-fashioned candies. You picked up some wonderful things especially the doe statue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very nice day for sure. Now, back to work and back to reality lol!

      Delete