We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Sunday, May 29, 2022

Weekend happenings ...

 

Greetings all! Well, it is Memorial Day weekend and a busy one at that. Yesterday, I spent a wonderful, much needed day out and about with my sister Aurora Skye. We had a delicious lunch at a local pub called, "Ganly's" and then frequented some other local stores in our area.

She also surprised me with a couple of very cool gifts ...

A beautiful mermaid coaster ...

and, a fantastic pair of Maneki Neko socks! ("Beckoning Cat")

Last night, I baked a batch of Memorial Day cupcakes to take along today to my husband's cousins house where we were invited (including my mom) for a cookout of sorts ...

Red Velvet with white and blue frosting.

Tomorrow, I plan on spending the day at home cleaning the house and doing some other much needed chores. As far as Memorial Day itself, today before we head out to the cookout, I will be joining my mom in placing flowers and a flag on my dad's gravesite. This is something that she does each and every year since he passed away.

2 comments:

  1. Your holiday weekend sounds busy but pleasant. Those gifts from your sister are cute! And I like those patriotic cupcakes.
    It's such a thoughtful gesture to remember your father with a flag and flowers.
    It's hard to believe we're on the threshold of summer already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it! Where is the year going? Summer heat and humidity - UGH!

      Delete