We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Saturday, October 08, 2022

Hay Creek Apple Festival ~ 2022

Happy weekend, friends! Today, we attended The Annual Hay Creek Apple Festival at Joanna Furnace with my sister Aurora Skye and her hubby. This is my absolute favorite event of the entire year!

Not only does it provide a great feeling of the Fall season, but it has an awesome flea market filled with dozens of handmade crafts and antique collectors items! The food is always great with a variety of homemade soups, apple pies, apple dumplings, apple fritters, decorative cakes, just to name a few.

Posing for a quick pic with Aurora Skye at the concession stand.
Aurora and  my hubby.

Some pics from the festival ...








A running miniature antique Lionel train set ... 


The center stage decorated for Fall activities! ...


A local troop of Girl Scouts were selling their DELICIOUS fresh decorative cupcakes! I had a cupcake with the sliced apple and a drizzle of caramel on top! ...

We took home two quarts of yummy homemade PA Dutch Chicken Pot Pie (I added a little left-over corn from tonight's dinner) ...


A couple of little goodies I took home from the festival ...





Also, this past Wednesday we were given medium-sized pumpkins from work to decorate so I placed them in front of the house ...


One of the items I picked up at the festival was a wooden black cat. So I decided to add it to my pumpkins!


Tonight's dinner of rotisserie chicken, a side of Chicken Pot Pie (go figure), and corn ...

Tomorrow, I plan to take my mom out to "Murdough's Christmas Barn".

5 comments:

  1. The Fall festival looks like fun, but they shouldn't have Christmas stuff all over the place. One holiday at a time! I love your front porch display. The black cat is just purrfect. 🎃🐈‍⬛

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, CJ! Actually, this particular event is ONLY once a year and only one day so people look forward to cool holiday items both new and old/antique so there is always merchandise which includes both Halloween and Christmas!

      Also, "Murdough;s Christmas Barn" is open ALL year long and they do quite a business - mainly because of all the available collectible items you can purchase there.

      Have a great rest of the weekend!

      Delete
  2. There's nothing better than a fall festival - it's the most satisfying time of the year. I love the two orange cat pails (buckets).....and your chicken dinner looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jon! And I could not agree with you more about this time of the year!!

      Delete
  3. Lovely photographs from the festival.
    Happy Autumn (fall) wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete