We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Sunday, October 21, 2018

Pumpkin Fest 2018


Yesterday I spent the day with my friend Deb in West Reading for the Pumpkin Fest. It was a beautiful day in the city and this was my first time attending this event.


A pumpkin totem pole.


Pumpkin carving all along the sidewalk. 

We ate lunch at the West Reading Tavern. I had a delicious grilled chicken salad and a pumpkin spice mixed drink with a water and a slice of lemon on the side.

A captain statue inside the main dining area.

A bunch a great deals at dozens of awesome shops in town. I found a lovely tie-dye long sleeved long dress and some cool gemstones at a really neat shop called Allison Clothing Company.  They make their very own clothing!  


Red Jasper, snowflake obsidian, and rhodonite.


A pretty little trinket box.

We also stopped into Curious on the Avenue were I took some pics of the outside of the store ...


They had a DJ on the front  porch of their store.

They were serving up free food and drinks for all their costumers - a yummy pumpkin dip with crackers, and cold cider.


 I also bought a mermaid statue on sale.


 Some goodies from the Zipf's Candy by Sweet Surprises store ...
Homemade cat-shaped sugar cookies with black sprinkles.

These are actually lip balm's which look like chocolate candies wrapped in wax paper. They smell great, too!


Another neat store called Earth Rhythms which sells musical instruments and ritual items.
Captain and Cider (Captain Morgan spiced rum, fresh apple cider, and cinnamon sugar rim) with a slice of apple from P.J. Whelihan's on the way home where Deb's beautiful daughter, Rayann was bar tending.

As for today, I am taking my mom out for lunch and then chilling out at home for the remainder of the evening. 

5 comments:

  1. What a great festival. You got some wonderful bargains and the food! The Captain and Cider sounds really good. Bet it would taste wonderful hot, too. I love mulled cider. Enjoy your day with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome day. That food looks so good. Oh my, that chocolate. I want one. You have so many fun things in your area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an amazing day Kim! I don't even know where to start? I love all the pictures! How fun! Great stores! Love all the goodies you bought! Love the dress! The food looks amazing too! Thanks for sharing! Hope you had a good time with your mom! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Western Reading seems great. So many nice places... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely seeing all of your photographs, loved the pumpkin totem pole.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete