We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Monday, October 15, 2018

Hay Creek Apple Festival 2018


Another chilly fall day yesterday, but that did not stop us from attending the annual Hay Creek Apple Festival - besides, it didn't rain so we could live with it. This festival offers many things to do - historical sites, great homemade PA Dutch food, rides for the kiddies, and a rather large flea market.



The Historic Joanna Furnace ...
The excavation area ...

This barn showcases technology before the Industrial Revolution ...


A miniature railroad train display ...


Pony rides for the kids ...

and tractor trailer car rides as well ...

 PLENTY of goodies to see and buy at the flea market ...



I always make sure to bring home some delicious homemade chocolate from Lorah's Handmade Chocolate Company ...

A really awesome Greek Goddess tin for only $2.00!!! It represents Demeter, Persephone, Hestia, Artemis, Hera, Rhea, Athena, and Aphrodite.  

And also a cute Halloween flag for only $5.00.

Some yummy good PA Dutch cuisine for dinner ...


Everything from hot fresh kettle popcorn, apple dumplings and crisps, apple fritters, funnel cakes, and freshly cooked homemade soups such as chicken noodle, ham and bean, and vegetable soups.


A sausage sandwich with tomato sauce.

I am glad we had the chance to go this year. It is always a good time at this festival!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, I would have had a ball. Saw so many things I would have loved. Mmm. Homemade chocolate. Did you have some? And that sausage sandwich! You have my mouth watering this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have some of the chocolate and it was delicious! :)

      Delete
  2. I thought this was going to be just apples. Wow, looks like something for everyone. The littles riding in the colorful 55 gal drums made me smile. You got some lovely treasures and oh, my, the food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like such a fun day Kim! I would have loved to go with you! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy apple festivals and all it entails with the other stalls and fun things to do!
    That tractor trailer car ride looks fun, I bet the kiddies enjoyed it.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete