We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Thursday, April 25, 2019

Simple, easy-to-make Maypoles for Beltane

Yesterday, I decided to make my own little Maypole's for Beltane using some simple little items that I bought at our local A.C. Moore Arts & Crafts Store - a couple of wooden candlestick holders (unstained) and a bag of tall wooden dowels. I used my craft glue gun and a few glue sticks to attach the dowels to the holders and then decorated the pole with different colored ribbons and some artificial flowers ...

They are not very fancy, but they will work just fine. Besides, there are no stores that sell them to buy anywhere where I live. I will place one on our altar for our Beltane ritual next weekend and I will also set one in my living room upstairs along with my other seasonal decorations and symbols.

The origin of Maypole dancing dates back to the Pagan times, and the Maypole was basically a phallic symbol. Trees have always been the symbol of the great vitality and fertility of nature. For this reason, Maypole dancing was strongly associated with fertility.

💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞

4 comments:

  1. Cute and clever idea. When I was sent to a private nursery school and kindergarten. The teacher and her husband decorated the flagpole in the yard with long crepe paper streamers and I remember dancing around the Maypole. Love the images of the cats dancing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome idea. I love it. Don't think we have an AC Moore around here but I'm going to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very good idea, and I love the colourful ribbons.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so talented and clever Kim! I love this idea! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete