We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Tuesday, April 09, 2019

Wednesday odds and ends

Happy Wednesday everyone! Today I am having lunch at a good Italian Restaurant called Giovanni's with an old friend of many years. He has honestly seen me at both my best and my worst moments in my life. He has always been a loyal friend as he is to all of his dearest friends and I am blessed to know him. He also asked me to do some notary work for him which he needs done so I am taking my notary equipment along with me.  💟


Last night, I decided to do some baking with my air fryer oven. I made a strawberry cake and a few chocolate cupcakes with green-colored frosting. The new pans I just bought from Amazon are actually anodized aluminum which means that they are not your usual/regular baking pans. These pans require a lower cooking and baking temperature than other pans and the time to cook/bake is lower as well. In other words, if the cake recipe box calls for a temp. of 350 degrees, you use 325 degrees instead, etc. I also bought a red velvet cake mix to make for Beltane this year and I have a recipe that my aunt gave me for homemade cream cheese frosting to put on top of it.


My strawberry cake - it will certainly not win any 'cake wars', but who cares? I am just having a fun time playing with my new oven (and I got to try out my new pans as well) - besides, it was my first time using this oven to bake an actual cake -  LOL!
 Among other really cool features, this oven also has an internal light you can use.
Have a beautiful day all!

8 comments:

  1. That strawberry cake looks yummy. And so do the cupcakes. That's a pretty nifty oven. Enjoy your lunch today. Italian is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary. This oven is so much FUN - I know you would love it as much as you like to cook and such.

      Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  2. Always good to have a true friend. I like the quote, Friends are family we pick for ourselves. Oooh, the cakes all look good and my mouth is watering for red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, CJ! I love that quote a lot too and I actually have a gorgeous two-part photo frame with that same quote etched on it that was a birthday gift from Rhiannon years back.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mouth is watering and my stomach is growling...all I can say is yummmmmmmmm!!!
    It is always so nice when we have good friends to share with in our lives.
    You, dear Kim, have many and that makes you very rich indeed.

    Big Hugs and Much Lovexxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so pleased you are enjoying your new oven, the cakes look good.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely confections! When I was a little boy in the 1950s, my mother wore p.j.s to bed and we kids would call her "Mama Pajama". I like to think Paul Simon did the same. Things like that connect people on a nearly psychic level.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done with your treats that your made Kim!

    ReplyDelete