We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Sunday, April 14, 2019

Sunday post

Happy Sunday all! Well, I went shopping yesterday with my mom because she wanted to look for a few things at Boscov's Department Store. While we were out and about, I stopped off at A.C. Moore Arts & Crafts Store and found a great sale on small heart-shaped baking pans. Of course, I had to get two and try them out as soon as I got home. I figured I could use them in May for my Beltane cakes and so I bought a box of Betty Crocker Red Velvet cake mix and a couple of cans of ready-made frosting at the grocery store. Here are some pics after I baked them in the air fryer oven. Again, the oven is far too small for regular-sized pans and I was lucky enough to find ones that fit at A.C. Moore ...

And this is what they looked like after I decorated them all. One with strawberry frosting, and two with cream cheese frosting ...
This one was the smallest of the three cakes. I used the excess cake batter as to not waste any of it.

And, because I am not exactly the greatest cake decorator in the world, I also picked up a pack of candy roses to use on the cake for May's ritual celebration. I will post a pic of them on the cake after I make it - the candy roses are beautiful and they are perfect for Beltane!

I also had pretty much extra frosting left over but not enough of one flavor and color to use on another cake, so I baked some quick white cupcakes last night which I am planning to give a few to my mom and my MIL just to help get rid of them before they get dried out and stale. 💕
We had nothing but rain here on Friday so I spent the entire day cleaning, doing laundry, and (as you can see) baking ... talk about bored out of my mind! LOL!

Have a very pleasant Sunday all!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, everything looks so pretty and yummy. You did a great job on these. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mary! Have a wonderful Sunday!

      Delete
  2. I think the cakes look fabulous and I bet they taste good, too Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, CJ! I gave the strawberry frosted cake to my mom - she liked it. :)

      Enjoy your Sunday!

      Delete
  3. That's a nice lot of cakes :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did amazing on these cakes and cupcakes!! They are beautiful! I bet they tasted amazing too! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete