We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Sunday, May 19, 2019

Pickle Fest 2019

Yesterday afternoon, my friend Deb and I attended the 2nd Annual Pickle Fest hosted by Suloman's Dairy and Peter Piper's Pickle Palace. This was a really cool event where we were able to sample a variety of different flavored homemade pickles - Taco pickles, Vampire pickles (extra garlic with a slight spicy bite to them), Horseradish pickles, Garlic pickles, Bread and Butter pickles,  Sweet & Spicy pickles, Ranch pickles, Classic Dill, to name a few.
Pickles on a Stick.

After sampling some tasty pickles, we headed inside the dairy to try their homemade ice cream ... 😀 We had a really fun time! I would definitely go again. 
Delicious orange creamsicle sherbet and chocolate marshmallow ice cream!

First stop on the way home, a lovely place called "Manatawny Creek Winery" located in Douglassville, PA.


For only $5.00 you can sample eight different kinds of wine and if you buy a bottle, you get your $5.00 back toward your purchase. I bought a bottle of their semi-sweet wine and couple of jars of their homemade wine jelly ... 😍


We enjoyed sitting outside the winery relaxing while sipping a glass of wine and eating yummy Unique Pretzels. It was such a beautiful day and the weather was gorgeous ... 👍


We ate dinner at P.J. 's where Debs daughter Rayann was tending bar ...


These are Funnel Cake Fries with caramel dip ... sooooo GOOD!!

A refreshing frozen drink called Watermelon Twist ...
Me 'n' Deb's hubby Dave who also joined us for dinner.

This lovely mermaid spoon dish was a very thoughtful gift from Deb! Thank you Deb - I love it!

*************************************************
On Friday, I bought another air fryer cookbook at Bed, Bath & Beyond that I thought looked pretty good ...
I also made pork ribs and organic pasta mac 'n' cheese for dinner ...

Well friends, that is about all for now ... Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fun outing in the (about time) glorious weather. But pickles and then ice cream? =^,.^= I love the wine bottle label, too. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know, pickles and ice cream doesn't exactly go together BUT it was good all the same! : - ;

      Delete
  2. What fun you had yesterday! That pickle Fest must have smelled so good. I remember those days back on Delancey Street. Hoping to find that movie on Netflix. Now I want to see it again. Mmmm!!! That ice cream. Oh my, I always get so hungry when I come here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary! Yes, one thing we PA Dutch folks know how to do is eat - A LOT! :-0 - LOL!

      It was such a lovely day and we could not have asked for better weather, too! Enjoy your day!

      Delete
  3. We had a great day and a great time together like always

    ReplyDelete