We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Saturday, May 11, 2019

A Saturday song


Back in 1989, I had the good fortune to see these guys play live at the rod and gun club when I served as the secretary. We used to rent out the rather nice-sized grove which was part of the grounds during the summertime and one of the local motorcycle clubs that used it for their annual parties hired The legendary "Marshall Tucker Band" to play on our premises. I (along with the rest of our club members) got to watch and listen to them play all afternoon into the early evening for free - what a memorable event and they sounded A-W-E-S-O-M-E!! 

💙💚💛💜💙💚💛💜💙💚💛💜💙💚💛💜💙💙💚💛💜


A couple of old pics from my club days taken at the awards ceremony and dinner  (that's me in the red top, of course) for our Annual Top Gun (target shooting) competition. I won the trophy for placing 3rd best overall score that year in which I was the only woman competing with 22 men. I have so many other pics from those years, but they are packed away upstairs in the attic somewhere in one of about 20 boxes. Perhaps someday, I will find the time to look for them. Anyway, I can not listen to this song without thinking about this time in my life. This was by far one of  my favorite  all-time classic rock songs! ENJOY and HAPPY SATURDAY!! ðŸ˜Ž

8 comments:

  1. It's it amazing how certain songs stay with us and evoke some happy memories?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard this band. They sounded wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some great memories Kim! Thank you!
    I have to apologize! I am so behind in blogging! Going to try to catch up! Just to let you know, I might not be able to comment on all your posts, but know I have been there to read them! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, sweetie - I completely understand. Love and hugs always!

      Delete
  4. Always enjoy seeing your older photographs.
    Hope your Saturday was a Happy Day :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jan. Good memories are always so much fun to share with friends! Have a great day!!!

      Delete