We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Sunday, December 04, 2011

Cat Treats: Homemade Cookies for Cats


One of the books which I had purchased at the last "Books Are Fun" Fair last week was called, "Real Food For Cats: 50 Vet-Approved Recipes to Please the Feline Gastronome" written by Patti Delmonte.

The following recipe is a great treat for your pampered puss and my cats never turn their noses up at them (then again, there aren't very many foods that my cats won't eat)!

Mmmm Meaty Cookies

What you need:
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup dry milk
1 teaspoon honey
1 small jar beef puree baby food
a mixing bowl

Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. With a wooden spoon, stir together the wheat germ, dry milk, and honey in a small mixing bowl. Add the beef puree and stir until thoroughly mixed. Form the mixture into small balls. Place on a greased cookie sheet and then flatten them with a fork. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool before serving. Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this recipe!! I will be making it! You know, without the beef puree, I could put in some chocolate chips and eat these treats myself! LOL! Blessings my friend ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magic Love Crow ~ I know, really? These recipes almost sound as if they were meant for people rather than cats, with a little preparation! LOL!

    Love and light,

    Kim

    ReplyDelete