We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Saturday, August 11, 2018

A Day at the Petting Zoo


Yesterday afternoon, Deb, J.J. and I took a ride to the Oley Turnpike Diner & Ice Cream place were we had a nice little lunch ...




Then visited their petting zoo where they had all sorts of cool farm critters ...


Lots of goats ...



Miniature ponies ...


Precious fawns, this little girl was so sweet! 


A few alpacas ...

Some geese, peacocks, chickens, roosters, and this rather large pig taking an afternoon nap and staying out of the humidity of the day. He was smarter than we were ... 
Lots of cute Sicilian Donkeys ...

Say cheese!


"How's this for cheese?"

... and turkeys as well as many other wild animals.


Before we left, we all enjoyed a delicious cone of ice cream ...


I also took home a couple of bags of goody snacks ...

Buttermint chocolates (non pareil mints) and peppermint & spearmint candy. 

One my way home from Deb's house, I had to stop in the middle of the street to let a poor, lost and disoriented wild doe cross the busy road. I waited until she completely crossed and was safely into the wooded area across the street. Then, after I got home, I saw a little brown groundhog having dinner in our front lawn - something I personally have never seen since I have lived in my house as they normally do not get that close. In fact, I had to take these pics from the front living room window ...

Like the wild bunnies we have here, this fella was just helping us to mow the lawn. LOL!

5 comments:

  1. J.J. is adorable. He must have loved the petting zoo. The smiling donkeys made laugh and brightened up this dreary, rainy, Saturday.We used to have a groundhog or maybe he was a woodchuck. I tried to get close for a snapshot. For a very chubby fellow, he moved pretty darn quick. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a lovely day. I used to bring my kids, and I think I enjoyed it more than they did. Those smiling donkeys were just too cute. Perfect picture. And ice cream and goodie bags to boot. Definitely a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks and sounds a very nice day.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. JJ is precious!
    All of those wonderful animals...so great!!!
    That ice cream sure looked good... yummy!!!
    A great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great day Kim! I love those donkeys! LOL! Excellent pictures! All so precious! I hope the doe was ok! The groundhog is so cute! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete